Everyone has the right to dignified living conditions and we believe a participatory process leads to a dignified solution. We've adopted the phrase DIGNITY IN DESIGN to embody all that we are and aspire to be.
Our 2016 campaign
On 29 November we collaborated with Impact Hub King's Cross, to put on a fundraising event with a difference.
'Social Impact Designers Who've Failed & Thrived' - a mashup of global campaigns, FuckUp Nights and #GivingTuesday - allowed us to breakdown the stigmas surrounding failure. It was a lesson in learning from mistakes, sharing and humility.
Five outstanding speakers, from the world of social impact, took the stage to present their stories. We exhibited photographs of our sanitation project in Bangladesh and held a raffle with over £1000 worth of prizes. The energy in the room was infectious.
How do you feel about your own failures? Why were you interested in our event? Did it change your opinion about failure?
We asked our audience - here's what you told us:
- At the start of the event, only 9% felt at peace with failure
- 55% believe your failures are due to a lack of experience
- 75% said our event changed your perspective on failure
- The amazing lineup of speakers was the main reason you came
- Over half made new connections on the night
Check out the animation, by our friends at Voist, for more insights >>